Friday, February 7, 2014

Fashion as Art

Fashion can be art too, especially when it's something so unique made with luxurious fabrics and an inspired idea. To hang it in the closet seems to be hiding something away that just needs to be seen. 

This wonderful piece of artwork designed by one of my favorites, Kotomi Yoshida (some of her work can be found at  Studio Yoshida), needed a place on a pretty, ribbon hanger on the front of the door. Not only is it too beautiful to keep in the closet, it is hung up for inspiration to keep up with the workouts and lose those extra pounds from last year.

It is a one-of-a-kind work of art...and she's a sweetheart on top of it. I am fortunate to have a few of her wonderful pieces, but this one is one of the most treasured.

Thanks, Kotomi. This is one of the first photographs I took with my new camera - and, whether it's with my writing, photography, or just exercising, you continue to inspire me in so many ways...

1 comment:

studio yoshida said...

i thought i left a comment, but did it go through? well anyway, i am sorry if i am posting twice!!!
thank you so much for all the sweet things you say about my works!!! i really appreciate it :) i absolutely enjoy making things and am a strong believer of the power of creativity!!!
hugs!!