Friday, February 27, 2009

Clearly Crazy Bachmann Rooting for Steele

The continued embarrassment of Michele Bachmann being a representative from Minnesota gives comedians - and newscasters - continued material as well. I really don't get this woman at all. As I said before: how did she get back into office again? I'm pleased with Keith Ellison. I've met him and he was personable and caring. He is my representative. Michele lives on another planet and I don't care to ever meet her.

Then there's Michael Steele. His aim to suddenly make the Republican party cool is quite amusing. How does one African-American man turn a party of old white guys into cool? And can this African-American man really be the one to do it? Really? Another ongoing joke.

In Steele's recent hip-hop campaign, I guess we know that Bachmann is on his side. As quoted from Talking Points Memo:

Tonight, we tell America: we know the past, we know we did wrong. My bad," said Steele. "But we go forward in appreciation of the values that brought us to this point."

But Steele rejected the idea that the recent elections meant the ideological ground had shifted. "I am here tonight to reject the idea that defeats of the past are a repudiation of core conservative values and principles," he said. "Nor do I believe that those defeats are a sign of things to come."

And check out this latest development in Steele's campaign to create a hip-hop image for the GOP. Michele Bachmann praised Steele's speech: "Michael Steele! You be da man! You be da man."
Right. Two people that are about as far away from hip and cool as you can get, and she's rooting him on. Ah, more comedic material. And more proof that Bachmann is as crazy as they get.

No comments: