Thursday, July 15, 2010

Needed That Kick...

Life is funny...and sometimes not. How do we go from a week of such major highs to a week of such major lows? Is it a test, or just a joke? Guess it is just part of life.

Two weeks ago, things couldn't have looked more up. Then an engine blows up on one car, a battery on another dies. There is a serious case of identity theft, and a relapse of terrible pain for two people I love. Someone I thought I'd try to give yet another chance to betrays me AGAIN, most of my clients have some sort of crisis, and, oh yes, a funeral to attend tomorrow.

Live and learn. Kind of puts it all into perspective. And reminds me of that old saying: "Remember that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue."

The good thing through all of it: I decided to do a fast, get myself re-started, and re-read a great book, "Skinny Bitch." Chocked full of information - and funny to boot - and really kicked my butt back into being a total vegetarian again.

Tough week...but, as always, learned a few things. And thanks to the authors of this book, not only put a few things back into perspective mentally and intellectually, but physically as well.

1 comment:

Strong said...

I've often heard "God doesn't give us more than we can handle," but I sometimes wish that He didn't have such a high opinion of my ability to cope!