Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On Being an Herbivore Again

After some time, I'm finally back to a total vegetarian diet. I am just too much of an animal lover, have never liked the texture of meat...and it just wasn't me. Funny, during the time I did eat it, my weight went up, and I felt much more sluggish. Now I am not only feeling more like myself again, I feel better mentally, physically, and spiritually. On that note, I found some great quotes:
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival on Earth as much as the evolution of a vegetarian diet." (Albert Einstein)

"Why do we call some animals "pets" and others "dinner?" (K.D. Lang)

"I have no doubt that it is part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other." (Henry David Thoreau)

"I was a vegetarian until I started leaning toward the sunlight." (Rita Rudner)

Of course the last one is funny. And what's so wrong with leaning toward the sunlight a bit anyway...and being a bit more enlightened? Beats being in the dark for a little too long!

No comments: