Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gifts, Love & Karma

After a rough couple of weeks, and after a post about gratitude, I was pretty happy when I got the mail yesterday. First, I had two things I had been waiting for in the mailbox...one that will make things a lot less of a struggle for now. But, the best thing I got was a wonderful surprise and note from an Etsy seller.

I've found some wonderful things on Etsy over the years...from some very nice, talented, artistic people - as well as some great vintage pieces. In the process, I've met some great people, and even made some friends.

In this particular case, somehow a vintage scarf I ordered didn't make it to my address. I was bummed out about this - as was the seller - but I said that it would either show up later, as it somehow went to the wrong address, or someone would be blessed with not only a beautiful scarf but the extra gift the seller had so graciously put in the package.

But, what a wonderful surprise when I opened a large envelope on Friday that had a gorgeous silk scarf in it. It was a gift from the seller who had sent the original package that was lost. Now, it certainly wasn't the seller's fault the package was lost, and I never expected this extra surprise present. I just had to take a photo of the gift, and the beautiful note that was enclosed. With a burgundy bow tied around the card, the note said: "I believe in love and karma. You deserve both."

It's a keeper, and she's an absolute sweetheart. It brought tears to my eyes when I read it. Thank you for ending an awful week on such a high note. Your generosity, and especially your thoughtful words, were such a blessing...received at just the right time.

No comments: