Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Absolute Worst President Ever

I watched in awe today as Bush actually held a press conference. He has held few of them in the last eight years. He has two looks as far as I'm concerned: the deer in the headlights look, and the smart-ass look. Today it was the smart-ass one.

He made one excuse after another for leaving the country in an incredible mess. He took no responsibility and was quite annoyed that anyone would question his actions.
Let's see: what hasn't he made a mess of? America is hated around the world now. He has two wars going - Iraq and Afghanistan, the first of which we had no business being in in the first place. Our national security is a mess, our environment just wasn't a priority at all, the corruption - and our unemployment rate - is off the charts, and then there is Katrina. The list goes on and on, and he laughed most of it off and cited the other as minor mistakes. He says he had a good administration and they did all they could - they did inherit these problems after all. Really? You've got to be kidding me. I actually felt sick to my stomach watching it. It was painful.

Good riddance, W. It will be so great to have a smart, articulate president who stands for the people. Obama has a lot to fix and I don't envy him. And I don't expect Obama to be perfect, but I do believe that there will be many huge differences. The least of which is that when he says he has done the best he could, he will mean it.

No comments: